OCEAN SEEKERS COASTAL PROGRAM
MARINE STUDIES, EXPERIENCE, & PLAY FOR CHILDREN AGES 8-12
WET FEET, DIRTY HANDS, FULL HEART
EXPERIENCE-BASED COASTAL STUDIES FOR ADVENTUROUS CHILDREN AGES 8-12+!
MARINE PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN WHO LOVE THE SEA AND ITS SCIENCE. DESIGNED TO INCREASE ECOLOGICAL LITERACY, TEAM-BUILDING, AND PROBLEM-SOLVING.
LOCATION & DAY
- TUESDAYS ONLY, BI-WEEKLY
- Marine Environmental Education Center at the Carpenter House, Hollywood Beach
- Mizell-Johnson State Beach, Dania Beach
- Ocean Seekers happens every other week only, location alternates.
- Ages 8-12+, biweekly drop-off, 10am-1:30pm
- Autumn: 9/9 – 11/21, 2019
- Winter: 12/2 – 2/27, 2019/20
- Spring: 3/2 – 5/21, 2020
EXPERIENCE, PLAY & LEARN…VALUE NATURE!
- Program cost is per child and commitment is seasonal – Autumn, Winter & Spring Sessions
- Registration is per day/location
- Session is 6 weeks, including one family beach day.
- $325 per child/per session with a 15% sibling discount
The Ocean Seekers program will vary from the other programs, in that the focus of study will be on marine ecology, and geared to the kids age 8 and up. The Ocean Seekers program will have the benefit of guest activities with naturalists at both locations and hands-on observation and data collection. The core values of experience, play and learning will be consistent at each location and each day. The Nature Seekers Program is centered around an ecological theme and may include songs & stories, games & play, arts & crafts, science & history, and always exploration & nature study. Ecological Literacy, team-building, cooperation and stewardship will be central themes woven throughout.
Should your child participate in more than one day per week, the planned activities and curriculum will vary to provide a diverse week of experiential learning. All groups will be limited to 15 kids and adequately supervised. All staff are screened and trained. All locations are well protected and beautiful.